The Bible doesn’t speak about firearms directly but it does give us principles and a framework to think Biblically about guns.
- Life is sacred (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6; Exodus 20:13).
- We live in a depraved world (Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:23).
- We must protect life (James 4:17).
- Self-defense from criminal activity is assumed (Exodus 22:2–3; Luke 22:35–38).
- We must not take revenge for personal offenses (Matthew 5:38–39; Matthew 5:43–44).
- We are to let God be the avenger (Romans 12:19).
- Jesus is a Righteous Warrior (Revelation 19:1-21).
- Weapons will be obsolete when Christ reigns (Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3).
- Civil disobedience must never be exercised trivially (Acts 5:27–29; Romans 13:1–2).
- Weapons make a poor god (Psalm 44:6; Matthew 26:51–52).