The Feast of Tabernacles / Feast of Booths
Two main purposes:
- Remember Israel’s time in the wilderness
- Thank God for His provision (Past and Present)
Intentional and meaningful:
- Each morning, water would be drawn from pool of Siloam and poured over the alter in the temple. Reminding them of God’s provision of water in the desert.
- Each evening, torches were lit to commemorate God’s leading of His people with a pillar of fire by night.
- Throughout the entire week, the people lived in booths/tents. Reminding them of God’s deliverance, protection and provision while in the wilderness.