- The Purpose of the Cross: Why did it happen this way?
- The Power of the Cross: What did Jesus accomplish?
- John 19:23-24 – Gambling for the garment – Psalm 22:18
- John 19:28-29 – Thirst and sour wine. – Psalm 69:19-21
- John 19:31-37 – No bones broken, He will be pierced. – Zechariah 12:10; Psalm 34:19-20
The Power of the Cross: What did Jesus accomplish?
Tetelestai – “it is finished” – “complete, finished, accomplished, paid in full”
Uses of Tetelestai in the ancient world:
- Justice System
What did Jesus accomplish?
- He satisfied the wrath of God.
- He secured eternal redemption.