- A question for Jesus (John 9:1-5)
He wasn’t born blind because something bad happened in the past.
He was born blind so that something greater could happen in the future!
- An encounter with Jesus (John 9:6-34)
- When you have an encounter with Jesus, people are going to notice it.
- When you have an encounter with Jesus, people are going to hear about it.
- A response to Jesus (John 9:35-41)
Knowing and trusting that God has a purpose in our suffering is more important than understanding the cause of our suffering.
“Healing displays the works of God in John 9, and sustaining grace displays the works of God in 2 Corinthians 12. What is common in the two cases is the supreme value of the glory of God. The blindness is for the glory of God. The thorn in the flesh is for the glory of God. The healing is for his glory, and the non-healing is for his glory.”John Piper
How do you respond to the things that make your life difficult?
Why have you let this happen to me?
How can I bring you glory in it?