1 Thessalonians 1:1-10
The Gospel changes a person:
- Conversion changes our virtues (1 Thessalonians 1:2-5).
- Conversion changes our resolve (1 Thessalonians 1:6-7).
- Conversion changes our priorities (1 Thessalonians 1:8).
- Conversion changes our master (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10).
Four reasons 1 Thessalonians 1:10 is a reference to a pretribulation rapture:
- Waiting for Jesus is related to being rescued from wrath.
- Paul’s flow of thought in Thessalonians supports identifying “wrath” with the Tribulation.
- The word ῥύομαι with ἐκ can communicate removal to safety like (2 Corinthians 1:10).
- The textual variant “ἀπὸ” would further suggest removal to safety.