The new year is a good time to evaluate where we are with the Lord. Our level of obedience to Jesus reveals our level of love for Him.
In Matthew 7:24-27 Jesus tells us 2 important things:
- It is important for us to hear His Word.
- We need to obey what He says.
This morning we are going to take time and pray two prayers:
- A prayer of confession.
- A prayer of consecration/dedication.
Some questions to be thinking through for prayer:
- Are there relationships that I have broken because of something I’ve said?
- Is there someone who has sinned against me that I need to forgive?
- Is there a secret sin that I need to confess?
- Have I grown in faith this year or have I wavered in faith?
- How much time did I actually spend in prayer during the day?
- How much time did I actually spend in God’s word during the day?
- How did I do this year in loving others? Wife, kids, neighbor, enemy?
- Was I a good ambassador this year? How did I represent Jesus this year?
It is important to know that these questions are meant for conviction, not condemnation.
Following a time of prayer we will be taking communion together. Matthew 26:26-28