As we read through the plagues that God sent upon the Egyptians, we see that God had several purposes:
- Show His glory, power and authority
- “So that I may show these signs of mine among them” (10:1)
- “So that you may know that there is none like me in all the earth. (9:14)
- “So that you may know that the earth is the Lord’s.” (9:29)
- “So that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth.” (9:16)
- Reveal His character
- “So that you know that I am the Lord.” (10:2)
- “So that you may know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.” (11:7)
There are 3 warnings for us from the life of Pharaoh:
- When God speaks, do not harden your heart.
- Remorse does not equal Repentance.
2 Corinthians 7:8-10
- God will be your Savior or your Judge.
Luke 13:34, 2 Peter 3:9, John 3:16-18